A word from God's Word

Friday, December 5, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes



I went to pick up Andrew yesterday and his teacher, who happens to be a really good friend of mine, says I have to tell you what Andrew said. As a mother of a four year old, this can be a good statement, or a bad statement. This was a good one. She said that at lunch time it was Andrew's turn to pray and instead of doing the usual prayer of "Thank you God for good food, thank you God", Andrew says this:


Dear God, I hope that when you fall down you don't get hurt.


Thank you for Jesus, Amen

Boy, what a way to make this momma proud! I love Andrew's sensitive heart, when Kaitlyn is sad or crying, he comes over and says, it's okay brother is here. What a guy!





On another note, I am doing okay. I have my bad days, my good days...my bad hours, my good hours. At church the other day we sang a song we had played at mom's service and I just broke down. It had really caught up with me that day that she wasn't coming back, that this is my new reality, that she is in heaven and I am here on Earth. The next day I was feeling sad and vulnerable and she was the one I could call with advice and she would tell me exactly what I needed to hear, but she wasn't there that day. So I cried, and one of my friends called and I talked with her and cried to her, and was better. I know that each one of you are praying for me, and please know if I haven't called yet, I will be calling just to chat, tell a funny story about my mom, or just to cry. It's like someone said at MOPS (hi Scarlett!), my faith is founded on God and I have peace with His will, and I am greatful that He is meeting me at my every need, but I still miss her. My relationship with God is better than it has been in ages, because I am trusting Him and leaning on Him when I am down, and I know that He loves me at all times and is holding my hand all of the way. I love you all, and hopefully will have Thanksgiving pics up before the New Year!

5 comments:

Carri said...

that is so cute!!! thanks for sharing that story, i love it. it was good to talk to you today :)

Molly said...

Thanks for the update, I've been thinking about you and know that it has to be hard right now, but even more so through the holidays. At the same time, it probably really helps you see the REAL reason for Christmas.

Your family is precious and I love hearing the stories. So glad you have friends to lean on and cry to. More glad that you are feeling the presence of God like never before.

Much love and prayers! Molly

Leanne said...

So cute! Andrew is such a sweetie! It is good to hear how you are doing and I look forward to talking any any time! And I'll love hearing stories about your mom as you think of them! Don't ever be afraid to talk about her. We'll help you keep her memory alive!

Bethany said...

Allison, that is so precious. Andrew is the cutest thing. I want to know him so much more. I just loved what he said. Too cute! We are praying for you sweetie. We are here. We will be in Tulsa for Christmas, so lets try to meet up! Love you!!

Laura said...

Hey girl....when I read that you sang a song at church that you had played at your mom's funeral, my mind flashed to last Sunday and I remember thinking it looked like you had been crying. I'm sorry I didn't even ask you if you were okay. I want you to know I am here if you ever miss your mom and want to talk....I can be a good listener.

Thank you for asking me on Friday night if I was okay when I was crying! I was telling Greg tonight that being at CR is so overwhelming...to see God's healing literally at work in people's lives. Then when I heard my sister tell of the changes that she has made, through Christ....I just couldn't handle it!

Anyway, I will put you on our office prayer list tomorrow...and just ask for continued peace and strength. I loved what you wrote about what your MOPS friend said....so true that we totally believe in all that God is doing...it's just hard to get used to it and how it affects you everyday. Thank you for being you....you are a sweet friend!

Site meter