A word from God's Word

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Andrew is the big FOUR-0

What, did I say four-o I meant to say he acts like the big 4-0, but only is four. We had a wonderful time at Chuck E Cheese (pics later). We also spent the day at our friend Grant's house, the day of his actual birthday.

I cannot believe that four years ago, Dec. 17, my first child came into our lives. He is the light of our lives. He is "our full of life, the minute his feet hit the floor I am going until I go reluntly go to bed at night little angel from God". We tried for nine months to get pregnant, and while EVERYONE around me was getting pregnant, I was shouting out to God, where is my baby. I have wanted to be a mom since I could breathe, where is my baby. Well I realize now that if God had given us our son any time sooner, we wouldn't have Andrew. And where we would we be then? Not laughing at his knock-knock jokes, playing toss, basketball, soccer, baseball or any other sport, we wouldn't be constantly amused at all he has to say and amazed that he is so insightful at such a young age. He loves Jesus and reading His Bible, and loves asking questions about God....or asking questions about ANYTHING! He is into his letters right now and writing his name. How I love my little boy, my gift from God. For those who didn't know, I couldn't hold him for the first six hours, he didn't cry when he was born. They ran tests and tests, but couldn't figure it out. Finally he did, and I got to hold him and love on him for the first time. I remember unswaddling him and looking at all his fingers and toes and watch him move all around, what an angel!


This year I am focusing on being the mommy God wants me to be, not what I think I should be or what I think others want me to be, but what God wants me to be. I want to discipline my children like he disciplines me, out of love. I am praying that I am a productive mommy and spend as much time with them as possible, for next year Andrew will go off to K4 and I will lose our lazy mornings, and lives will never be the same again!


So, Happy Birthday angel, mommy and daddy love you and couldn't be more proud to call you our son!!








1 comment:

SoonerAggieMom said...

I remember when Clint was 4. It was the first year he had a real birthday party, at McDonald's in Midland! However, I just now had to sit here and count up the years to make sure that it was his 4th birthday and not his 3rd...see what happens when they get all grown up? That means you get old and can't remember so well.

See ya soon!!!

Site meter