A word from God's Word

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Coincidence?? I don't think so?

This is a neat story, something I really needed right now. :)

Yesterday we were out and I looked down at my key chain and wanted to take the plastic key chain we got from Joe Marino off, but for some "reason" took off my clicker that unlock and locks the door. Well I couldn't get it back on, so I had it separate from my other keys and put it in a pocket in my purse. Well tonight I went to Walmart to finish Andrew's Christmas and got to my car in the FREEZING cold and couldn't find my keys. But....I had my clicker so I could get everything in our car (including Andrew's new bike ) and sit in the car and look for my keys in the warmth of the car. I couldn't find them (David came and gave the other set--what a guy!) but I did go to Customer Service and they were there. But thanks to the "coincidence" I was able to sit inside my car and not have to push my cart back, sit in Walmart, be cold, be out in the dark with my hands freezing, or anything else.

God is good and meets our every need.

He knew that I was going to have to have the clicker separate, He knew it was going to be cold and dark, so he separated the keys to meet my needs days ahead. Just like with everything with my mom.

If you had told me I would have to live without my mom, I would have FREAKED, but God prepared me. Two weeks before she passed all I said was, "God don't make me bitter" and I knew that this was God's will and I was going to have to trust Him. He gave me a peace, and the Holy Spirit gave me the ability not to be angry with God. There is a lot more to this story, and I am trying to sort it all out and someday soon I am going to share it with everyone. I want people to learn from my story that we can trust God, b/c for the past two years I fought it harder than anyone else in the world. I hope you are all enjoying this Christmas season, it is a special time of year, I want to soak it all up!

Prayer needs:
1. Tomorrow (the 15th) marks a month that my mom passed. Pray for peace, and pray that the sadness that is to come, comes and goes quickly. I sometimes want to call her and hear her voice more than anything.
2. The weather cooperates and does not mess with Andrew's birthday!
3. Peace for David and I this week, we have a lot facing us as a couple...some I cannot talk about right now.

Thanks for the prayers, I love you all so much and pray blessings upon you and your family!

8 comments:

Molly said...

Good morning sweet girl. I am praying for you today and that you will feel the presence of God so heavily that when you do meet the reality of what today is, you will also be able to thank God for her life.

Thank you for sharing so openly about fighting this and then experience God like never before. It's easy to talk about how faithful we are, but harder to share that it took quite some time to get there.

Love you and hope the birthday goes well!

Fether said...

Praying for you this week. I know with the holidays you will have those rough times. Hope the weather holds out for you!
I "lost" my keys Sat night and had my clicker sep too so I knew I could use the vallet key to get home! But I did find them at the bottom of the shopping cart under my purchases AFTER I re-traced all my steps! HAHA

Becki Francy said...

Such a neat post. I will be praying for you all. I don't pretend to know what you are feeling, but I can imagine it is deeply painful to lose your mother. I will pray for you all this week.

SoonerAggieMom said...

I'm praying for you today.

It's been pretty lousy few days around here (read my blog) and I've been so focused on my own problems, I forgot about yours.

A simple verse....Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for YOU ARE WITH ME!! Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Thank you Jesus for comforting us.

Amanda said...

How was yesterday for you? You're often on my mind, and in my prayers...

mom2many said...

A prayer I keep going back to as I find this week difficult without Jacob...
"Lord, I worship You. You are my Lord and King, my precious Redeemer. There is no other God like You, entirely full of goodness, grace, and mercy. You heal us when we are brokenhearted and bandage our wounds. You build us up when we are weak in our souls. (Psalm 147:1-4) You are great and powerful, O Lord, and You understand all things, even what is in my heart. (Psalm 147:5) Thank You that I don't have to live with sadness, hurt, or depression. Thank You that "You have put gladness in my heart (Psalm 4:7). This day I put on the garment of praise in exchange for the spirit of heaviness (Isaiah 61:1-3), and glorify You as Lord of all." Amen.

Bethany said...

Just poppin in to tell you that I'm thinking of you and praying for you - that God meets your every need - love you sweet girl!

Giles Family said...

Allison, I've been way behind on blogging (updating mine and checking up on others). I can't believe that we've passed a month since your mom went to Heaven. Seriously?? It's been more than a month now?? I am so grateful that our hearts have been joined forever through this experience. The emotions have been fresh for me this year and I think it's primarily because I'm so aware of what you're facing. I love you dear friend.

The song that continues to play through my mind lately is "It is well"...

Whatever my lot, God has taught me to say, it is well, it is well with my soul.

Sometimes I have to beg Him to give me those words and He's always wonderful to provide that soul peace....I pray the same is true for you

Site meter