A word from God's Word

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas to one and to all....

...an a blessing to each and every one of you! I love you all and hope and pray that this season reminds us that a little baby was born over 2000 years ago for us. He was God's Son, His precious Son and He sent Him to earth.

Our Lord and Savior had been there from the beginning, but chose to leave and humble Himself to human form to save us:
John 1: 1-3:
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.


Yet, He came down from Heaven so that we could be saved and become children of God.
John 1:12
12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

His ENTIRE purpose of being born, of living and especially of dying is because God loved us so much that He did not want us to be seperated from Him any more, He wanted a relationship with us, He wanted us to live knowing that we were never alone, that He is always with us, looking down on us and guiding us in His perfect will. This was His plan 2000 years ago and this is His plan 2000 years later. Remember friends, this was an event that happened a long time ago in a far away place, but it is something that can be remembered and held close to our heart every single day.
I write all of this to encourage you, to live 2009 for Him. I have been running from Him for the past 2 years because I was afraid of what would happen, and the worst happened, and guess what..HE WAS THERE FOR ME. I even told Him at one point I will not serve you anymore if you take my mom, but when it came down to it, that thought TERRIFIED me. Living my life without my God? Not possible. So if you are down, scared and alone this Christmas, He is there. He is there to hold your hand, to cry with you and to love you no matter what, I am living testimony to that.
Deuteronomy 31:8
8 "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."


I hope that I am not coming off preachy, that is not my intention at all, it is to be encouraging, to point you to the Savior, our only source of love, hope and future.


Merry Christmas loved ones, I truly love you all and am so blessed to have you in my life. Thank you for your love and encouragement this past month. I know that when I am down again I will need it, and I know that you will be there. I pray blessings upon you and your families this wonderful holiday season! I am ending with some pictures of my kids we took for our Christmas card...guess who didn't smile, and she ALWAYS smiles. Oh well, Murphy's Law..right!!!


Over here kids! :)

One smiling..one ready to stop



Really ready to stop!



Merry Christmas from the Stephens!

2 comments:

Molly said...

It was so good to see you too sweet friend. I wish we could have talked longer, or maybe just without distractions!

Thanks for sharing your heart and your thoughts. This was a beautifullly honest post!

Much love!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Allison!

I just 'friended' you on facebook...and then found my way here! Don't you just love how the internet can connect people?
You have such a sweet family! I am so sorry to hear about your mom! I remember, from the olden days of high school, what a wonderful lady she was. I know how close you two were and I know it is hard this time of year. Our Lord is ever near to love and heal our hearts, and I know He is so close to you and your family now.
I was just wondering the other day, how many times might we see someone we used to know and not recognize them because we aren't 17anymore! There is every chance that we have been at the same event or place and not even known it!
In my mind, we are still teens, but then, how can there be all of these little people?
Wishing you a very blessed Christmas!
Love,
Jennifer Kristjansson McLane

Site meter