A word from God's Word

Sunday, February 1, 2009

If God loved me, then...

With this month being the "month of love" I started to think about God's love for us. Now I know that that is a MASSIVE subject that could be an entire course in seminary if needed be, but I wanted to cover just one subject. It being, if God loved me why didn't He...(fill in the blank). Isn't funny that at times in order for us to love and follow God, things have to be a certain way? But God has ABSOLUTELY no conditions, He loves us where are, He loves us b/c of the way we are! For example, when my mom was first diagnosed I told God that I would never talk to Him again if He didn't save my mom, but as her death came near I realized that I could not survive without God, and in a tearful prayer begged Him to keep from bitterness.

I met with a dear friend of mine who has experienced a loss in her life and we were talking about how sometimes people who pray for healing, or for someone who is ill thinks, "well God is loving and kind so of course He is going to heal this person". Well, we then talked about, why do some people die? Why did my mom die? Or this little three year old I found in the blogging world, or little boy of someone I found in the blogging world. Did God just not listen to those parent's/child's prayers? Did He not love them enough? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! Think about these things:

  1. God can see the bigger picture. He could see that a bigger purpose was going to be taking place than just these deaths. That people could be saved, or things that we don't even see could happen due to these untimely deaths. Also, His purpose had been complete in these lives. Weird I know since some of them were only children, but they had been complete.
  2. Do you think that God didn't love His Son, heck no! He loved Him more than anything, but He knew His death would bring eternal salvation and although it pained Him more than anything, He allowed it to happen to allow his perfect plan to happen.
  3. Everything on this life is a drop into the water compared to heaven. We are here on Earth to learn more about Him, and spread His word to others who don't know Him so we can all go to heaven. This is just a gateway to our Eternal life!

Which leads me to my last thought. Why does God save others like serial killers and allow my mom to die an early death? Well, these killers need to know Jesus, and be saved. Wouldn't you want them to have an oppurtunity to be saved than to die not knowing Jesus? My mom knew Jesus, loved Jesus and was ready to go home, these others aren't. So God is going to wait to take them so they can be saved.

So in this season of love, remember God DOES love us, and has a perfect plan for all our lives, we just need to accept it without conditions.

Love to you all!!!!!

6 comments:

mom2many said...

It was only a few weeks ago that God gave me a very encouraging thought. He loves me SO much, He allowed my baby to die. In a very unexplainable way, I feel honored that He chose my baby. Does it make it easier??? Not really. But, if God didn't love me, He would have no reason to grow me. As much as I miss Jacob, I would NEVER want the growth that has happened between my God and I to have not happened. Does that make sense??? He has a purpose for my life. I am guessing, since He had to take my baby in order to accomplish it, it's gonna be BIG!!!

Molly said...

WOW! Thanks for sharing! This is incredible...it's amazing to think of how far you've come in such little time. You've already learned so much about His love for everyone of us and you are glorifying Him in a time when you could be mad and quiet.

I am going to share this post with a friend that is losing her brother to terminal cancer. This, my friend, will speak to their whole family...so thank you for your thoughts. There's nothing more comforting in a time of such greif than to hear from survivors of such great loss.

Love you and THANK YOU for this wonderful reminder!

The Cunningham Family said...

you are right on! these are all lessons that i learned during my pregnancy w/ chloe. i am sooo thankful for her pregnancy & the 37 weeks i got to experience her inside me. the biggest lesson i learned is that God has an eternal perspective! even though it was the hardest season we've been through as a couple - i wouldn't trade it for anything! we learned so many things & we get to spend eternity with her!

we found out last week that aaron's mom has lung cancer. once again we are faced with a similar situation. praying for His will - whatever it may be.

:)

SoonerAggieMom said...

That's a great post.

I agree with Molly, you've really come a long way in the past couple of months. We'll never understand why we've had sorrows on earth or why some people die too young like Deana or Melody. I'm just thankful I can fall back on His Word for my comfort.

I'm so glad we were together Saturday and hope Kaitlyn is doing better today.

~~hugs!!

Michelle said...

Wow, thank you for sharing your heart. I too have wondered about these things and I'm blessed by your insight. God is teaching me a great deal about His love right now. About truely believing the deep love He has for us, even when it requires faith and not sight. Yeah...I want to fully believe His love bc I'm convinced it will change EVERYTHING in my life for the better. 1 John 4:16

Michelle Riggs said...

Thank you so much for praying for Abby!

Site meter