A word from God's Word

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Time without my precious one

Right now I am at the library, by myself! We went up to Collinsville to see Grammy and Granpa and do taxes. Brenda's V-tine gift was taking care of Andrew and letting me go alone all day. Wow, what a nice gift. David is working 70 hrs right now, so it's all me, so it is nice to some things alone. But, I miss him!!! I was looking at some old pics last night and started crying. When they are a certain stage, we get so caught up in life, in doing the right thing, in everything. Yet now that it is over I fear that I have not appreciated it enough. Did I relish in that wonderful time? Am I relishing in this wonderful time? He is learning so much and is so funny, and I want to appreciate it. He is my love and before I know it, it won't be just him and me (no, no news yet). I want to remember to step back, take a deep breath and enjoy. Ya know??

I hope you don't mind me getting deep, I just wanted to take this time and share what is on my heart, and remind everyone to REALLY relish in every moment. It's funny people of older children say that all the time, but until we live it, we don't really understand it, ya know! I love you all, have a great day and enjoy your children!

1 comment:

Carri said...

wow, what a very thoughtful gift from david's mom!

Site meter