A word from God's Word

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Just saying hi!

Just wanted to say hello and say that the first 4 days of 2009 have gone well. My dad is officially moved in, and it is going well, I think that it is helping him with people around, especially Andrew who is his biggest fan! I just hope he doesn't smother him too much..it gets rowdy around here! I am glad he is here, I think that this is going to be a good transisiton until he gets into his own place. I love him so much! Yeah Daddy! (I truly am daddy's little girl).


Other notes, I have decided that instead of resolutions, I am going to do goals. I was leary of sharing them, but my friend Krystal inspired me, so you can help stay focused and on track.


1. I am going to choose JOY!!! "This day I put on the garment of praise in exchange for the spirit of heaviness, and I glorify You as Lord of all." (Thank you Tracy!)


2. I am going to follow my routines! If you don't know FlyLady, click on her link..I love her, she helps me stay out of CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome)


3. Memorize scripture, by taking time for God each day. I love my God and I believe that He has taken me down these paths to draw me closer to him, b/c without Him I would be a crumbling, mound of crying mess. I need to be close to Him so I can survive, He is my lifeline!


4. Focusing each day to be the wife, mommy, friend and daughter (in-law) that GOD wants me to be, not what the world is telling me I should be.


As I am looking back on these, they are all intwined. I can't follow my routines, without focusing on being a good mommy and wife and I can't do that without focusing on God and I can't find joy if everything else isn't done.


So, that is it in a nutshell! BTW, we have a mover on our hands, just tonight my little angel realized she can roll from one place to another to get somewhere...a whole new world!


Love to you all!

6 comments:

mom2many said...

Oh, sister, you are MORE than welcome! Just remember, you may have to choose joy every day, every hour, sometimes every minute. But you can still choose it!

Krystal said...

I love the goals that you have set for the new year. Good for you! We can help keep each other accountable. Glad your dad is moved in and doing well. Miss you lots. We should really get together soon. The kids would love to play, too.

Molly said...

What great goals! You are right, they all connect to each other! I love the staying out of CHAOS! That's too cute!

It's a whole new world when the baby moves! I am excited for it at one point, yet very nervous too! It's so nice when you can know where they are at all times!

Love you!

SoonerAggieMom said...

Excellent goals! I think I'll join you in them.

Libby (from next door) was over yesterday. She wanted to show me how Jackson started walking on Christmas day. He RAN UP MY STAIRS!! It was hilarious. I had to chase him. He didn't even slow down on the turn but by the time he got a couple away from the top, he'd slowed down to turn around to see if anyone was coming with him.

WTG Kaitlyn...keep them on their toes!

kim said...

I just wanted to buzz in and let you know that I appreciate all the comments you have left me on my blog recently...they have really touched me.

I have been reading your blog, and learning about you and your precious family. My heart aches for you, and I can not even imagine losing a parent.

I admire your strength, your hope, and your faith throughout! You are an amazing woman!

Hugs,
Kim

valerie said...

Hi,
I came here after reading your comment on "Sooneraggiemom's" blog.

I am a huge OU fan and was so disappointed Thurs. night. Oh well....

I also read your older post about your mom and want to tell you how sorry I am. I'm the same way with my mom and my daughter is the same with me. There's just something about a mom and daughter relationship that is so special. I know she's looking down from heaven and is so proud of you.
I love the song by Todd Agnew (I think??) "There Will be a Day." If you haven't heard it, it's very uplifting.

I'll be praying for you, your dad and your family.

It's nice to "meet" another fellow Oklahoman.

Valerie

Site meter