A word from God's Word

Monday, April 13, 2009

God's promises


After a brief downpour I was driving and found this rainbow. It was perfect and beautiful, just like God's promises.

He gave Noah a rainbow to promise there would be no more flooding and there hasn't been. He has not lied. Ever.

He promises to never leave us, nor forsake us. And He hasn't. Ever.

Easter was delightful, Kaitlyn was beautiful, Andrew loved getting eggs. But there was something missing. My mom. She wasn't there to kiss on Kaitlyn, draw cute pics on the kids' cards, eat my choclate. You know why?

She was praising the Savior in person for His glorious ressurection. She is experiencing His promises. WOW! I mean think about it, my mom has seen GOD's face. I cannot believe it sometimes, in fact that was thrown in my face this season.

I was doing great, I was at peace that she was gone, I was living my life. And then...I was thinking that she is in heaven and with all of the magnificence that entails, she is not here. And sometimes I am mad. Not at God, cause I remember His promises, but that she is not with me. That makes me mad! What makes me madder is when I get upset about it and it disrupts my life. I am happy, I am joyful, I don't want to be mad, but it is there all the same.

So what do I do, do I stay there? For a little while, but then I remember His promises..His will is perfect, we will see her again, and all things work together for good that love the Lord. I will stand on those promises, and glorify God with my mom.

I hope everyone had a precious Easter season, I know I did. Thank you for stopping by!

Oh, and one more important promise...an update on Kaitlyn. Sooner Start came today, she did not qualify but is only in the nine month range for motor skills (based mostly on her gross motor skills). They really couldn't understand why she wasn't pulling up, cruising, or even up on her knees. So they put her knees to see if she would crawl, put her on her tummy to see if she would army crawl and all she would do is go back to her bottom. Stubborn girl. They did recommend that a PT come and observe her and evaluate her for a day and see if they can give me some pointers. Then they left, she took a nap, and guess what!? She woke up and got on her knees and started crawling. Not a lot, but enough to get her about 3 feet! Praise God!! She even started army crawling as well! I think soon I am going to be wishing she wasn't as mobile...nah!! Thank you for your prayers!

7 comments:

MB said...

I know it's trying at times. Okay, most of the time, especially when it's your kids but Kaitlyn is His first and He knows all that is right with her. Jenny NEVER crawled and she didn't walk until she was around 15 months - and there isn't a thing wrong with her. :)

The Cunningham Family said...

i LOVE the rainbow picture!! rainbows have a very special place in my heart! :)

libby didn't army crawl till 11 months & didn't walk till 18 months!!! and she's just fine & dandy! :)

:)

SoonerAggieMom said...

What a beautiful pic! I love it when God lets us see His artwork.

I agree with the first two comments. She'll take off when she's good and ready. Maybe she's waiting for her birthday next week!

Molly said...

What a great picture of that rainbow. How in the world did you actually capture it? It seems that I never have my camera when I see those sights! Thanks for sharing that.

It was SO good to see you this weekend. I miss Tulsa already.

I love that update on Kaitlyn and think it's hilarious it happened the way it did! God lives to make us laugh and challenge our ideas of what's "normal".

I love you girl!

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leanne said...

What a beautiful post! It IS exciting to think that your mom has seen God's face!! I am so excited for Kaitlyn to be moving about--good for her! She just wanted to do it on her own terms, haha! So cute! By the way, their Easter pics were DARLING!

Bethany said...

love you girl! miss you guys and hope to see you all soon. loved the post... it made me cry.. and so proud of Kaitlyn!!!

Site meter