A word from God's Word

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Where joy and sorrow meet

I wish I had come up with this phrase, but my good friend Molly was thinking of a song that they sing in Singing Churchwomen. This describes what some precious friends have been going through lately.


This past week I had some friends bring home a baby girl, but bury a baby boy. sorrow I had some friends have a baby boy and baby girl JOY I had some sick kids on my hands sorrow They are now feeling better JOY I miss talking to my mom horribly sorrow She is in heaven and always here for me to talk to JOY Our friends burried their seven year old son sorrow They are finding God in all aspects JOY I just read on a "blogger friend" blog that a baby she had planned and loved and waited to adopt, the birth mom decided to keep her baby. sorrow Wonderful study on Fireproof the movie and One on One. JOY



And all of that has been this past week! The Bible is full of verses that talk about joy and sorrow.



Romans 11:12-13 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.



1 Thessalonians 16-17 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.



What does this mean, is this "Just life"? Yes and no. Yes, things like this happen in life, but as Christians our sorrow doesn't define us. The scripture speaks about finding God's will in the sorrow, keep praying and allow God's joy to overcome you. We can know that God is love, He loves us, and that is where we find our joy. I know I have blogged about this a lot lately, but I feel so heavy for friends that are being afflicted. We need to pray for one another, love one another and encourage one another.



And bottom line, know that without a doubt God will overcome and in our sorrow, he will meet us with His joy.



My biggest source of joy:



2 comments:

Erica Nye said...

So sorry that the week has been so hard for you. It is often hard to understand why we have to endure some things. Life should not be so hard, but know there are people praying and thinking of you.

mom2many said...

And one day, we will ONLY know the Joy! Praise God we never have to doubt that! Sometimes I think I cannot handle anyone else's grief as I can barely handle my own...praying that God gives you strength.

Site meter