A word from God's Word

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Why do we listen?

I am going to be real, and put myself out there and share what is going through my mind right now so that hopefully if you are going through anything this will be an encouragement to you and so I can go back to this and read it and remind myself of what I have committed to.

Why do we listen to the lies that Satan tells us? When he tells us that we are no good, that we have no meaning, why do we listen? And then we take it ONE step further and then we actually begin to BELIEVE it and buy into it! Why do we do this? We have a God who sent His one and only Son to die for us, because we are that special and that awesome and we are that worth it. BUT, and this is a big but for me, I cannot claim it for myself. I know it, I teach my children it, I discuss it with my friends and my faith is at the core of it, but I have trouble claiming it for myself. Even writing those words down felt uncomfortable, and why? Why cannot claim it? Well, right now I don't have those answers, but I am tired of not thinking highly enough of myself that I don't find the answers. I am tired of not being the person God created because I don't claim His love for me and begin to believe Satan. I get in the muck and the mire of life and allow the rivers to overflow me and buy into the crap that Satan puts in my ears. So guess what, no more I am here claiming that Satan, you have no footing, you have no ground to walk, you will no longer find the person who will believe you, I am putting on my armor and fighting this fight with my Savior! I am being proactive, surrounding myself with love and scripture and guess who is no longer welcome: SATAN! I know that that is not going to stop him, but if God is for me, who is against me?!

Thank you for letting me share, and reading this and I will ask for prayers as I search God's face and begin to make proactive steps in my life for HIS approval, for HIS smile and for claiming HIS love to experience HIS full person, grace and love. Thank you!

3 comments:

SeekerofGrace said...

I have been struggling with this all day... Thanks for sharing! I may print it out and tape it to my mirror!!

Michelle said...

so so good! I love it! I too struggle there! Last night I heard a teaching and was reminded that in Christ we are seated in the heavenlies next to God's throne. Our big bro Jesus is standing tall behind us and the Father says sit beside me, my beloved child and then we face Satan and his accusations. With Jesus behind us we can stand firm. Also...check out the song "No More" byBeckah Shae...I've been rocking it to this song alot lately! You go girl! Stand firm!!!

SoonerAggieMom said...

Why? Because we are flesh. We are not God. BUT we have the mind of Christ, we are a new creation, old things have passed away and all things are new...even stinkin thinkin. Satan, get under our feet in the name of Jesus Christ.

I'm memorizing two scriptures a month for a Beth Moore conference. First one I memorized: Psalm 3:4 "I will call out to the Lord and He will answer me from His holy mountain". #2 Psalm 29:11 "The Lord gives strength to his people and blesses his people with peace. #3 Zeph 3:17 "The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with His love. He will rejoice over you with singing". Meditate on those last words...he rejoices over us with singing. Why would He do that if we aren't worth it?

I love you!

Site meter